Legion Lake Shore Post 105 is located in North East, Pennsylvania
on the shore of Lake Erie. The Post was organized in 1919 with Theodore
C. Hill elected commander on November 10. It received its official
charter from the American Legion effective January 6, 1921 with
about fifty members listed. Lake Shore Post 105 has become recognized
as one of the 29th Districts' premier examples of the ideals of
the American Legion.
Over the years the Post has had
several locations for holding its meetings, primarily in the downtown
area of North East. In 1944, the Post purchased property on West
Main Street, on which was a large house which would be suitable
for a Post home after some remodeling. The house was sold in 1956
due to high maintenance costs and recent losses of revenue, and
a new building was built on South Mill Street for about $40,000.